One-off piece of vintage couture wool/cashmere plaid which features different colours from one end to the other. Woven in the UK, it measures 28" (72cm) x 40" (102cm) and is unique.
With the plaid you will receive a piece of Handwoven Harris Tweed in toning pale blue with a yellowy tinge measuring 48" (122cm) x 20" (50cm).
Both pieces combined together are big enough to make one of our bigger bags and they would be stunning made up in one of our designs such as the new Sedgeford Bag.
The plaid fabric in a one-off piece from my vintage fabric stash. The precious handwoven Harris Tweed comes with two sew-in Harris Tweed labels. This fabric combination offers a great opportunity to fashion your purses and bags in Charlie’s Aunt “signature” style.
Shipping for fabric:
This listing is for two pieces of wool FABRIC as detailed above that will be posted to you at the address provided by Etsy unless otherwise stated. After we receive payment, your purchase will be shipped within 48hrs. All items are shipped via first-class mail in the UK. Insurance and/or alternative shipping methods are available on request but at extra cost. For international orders, these will be shipped airmail via Royal Mail.
All orders must be paid for using Paypal or credit card. Contact us if you experience a problem with payment. If there is no payment or contact made within 3 days of purchase, your order will be cancelled and the item re-listed.
Refunds and exchanges:
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you have a problem with your fabric, please convo us and we will do our best to find a solution. Please check our policies for copyright information about our bag patterns.
All orders must be paid for using Paypal or credit card. Please pay at time of purchase. Contact us if you experience a problem with payment. If there is no payment or contact within 3 days of purchase, your order will be cancelled and the item re-listed.
PayPal is the best way to pay because it allows you to pay with a credit card without signing up for an account.
We also now accept direct credit card payments.
All printed paper patterns, fabrics, buttons and kits will be sent out by first class mail, usually within 48 hours of receiving your order. Overseas orders are sent by first class international air mail. If you want special posting options or insurance, please convo us for details and prices.
PDF patterns are either available by instant download or are emailed to the email address in your etsy profile. If you would like it sent to another address please specify the email address in the "message to seller" box at checkout. PDF patterns are emailed within 48-hours of your completed payment.
Refunds and exchanges:
There are no refunds on PDF patterns, paper patterns and kits because of the nature of the products. Please choose carefully.
Important Copyright Information:
Although all of my patterns and books are covered by the copyright and patents act, I realise that several of my customers would like to be able to make a few items from my patterns to sell, so I have decided to allow it again, as long as they stick to the following rules:
* Make no more than 10 bags in a year to sell from any one Charlie’s Aunt pattern, and up to a MAXIMUM of 40 bags in total from a combination of any of my patterns in a year. Please don’t make any more than this – I have more than 20 different sewing patterns and it simply wouldn't be fair to buy 15 and make 10 of each, because you would be adopting my entire concept that way. If you intend to make any more than 40 in a year, this would be deemed a big business and would be totally against the rules. Please respect this!
* Write on each swing ticket and in all Etsy/online descriptions the following words: “This bag was made using a Charlie’s Aunt sewing pattern designed by Emma Brennan”. A link to my Etsy shop would also be greatly appreciated. Please don’t put your own designer labels in my designs – that isn’t fair!
* Please have the courtesy to drop me a line to ask if you can make the bags to sell. This way I can keep track of who’s doing what and I can hopefully persuade you to share photos of the bags you make on the Charlie’s Aunt Facebook site.
* All items for sale must be handmade by you. Contracting with others to mass produce Charlie’s Aunt designs is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
* Distribution of the pattern pieces and corresponding instructions is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Please do not copy my patterns in any way. The words, diagrams and pictures are covered by copyright and I will pursue anyone who infringes this.
* Finally, please be respectful my designs and policies. Being allowed to make a limited number of bags from my patterns to sell is a privilege and not a right.
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions
The PDF patterns contain instructions, illustrations, photographs and pattern templates for one style of bag, purse or fashion accessory. The templates are full size and can be printed on A4 paper, but some templates need to be joined together with tape because they are too big to fit on one page. All patterns contain detailed instructions on how to cut and join pattern templates.