Note: This listing is for a BOOK and not a piece of jewellery
Making Vintage Jewellery presents 25 fabulous pieces of vintage inspired jewellery for you to make yourself with ideas on how to vary projects for a wealth of different looks. The classic and timeless styles have wide appeal with influences from the refined elegance of the 1910s through to the chic glamour of the 1950s.
The book features an introductory section divided into comprehensive sub-sections, covering tools and basic techniques used throughout the book, with step-by-step photographs to illustrate. The following five sections each focus on a decade from the 1910s to the 1950s, and feature historical background to the designs, step-by-step diagrams and a list of materials, which are a mixture of easy-to-find vintage and modern beads, textiles and findings.
The book is ideal for people wanting to experiment and make unusual jewellery from a diverse range of materials and different techniques. Many of the projects feature sewing and textiles, such as the currently popular ribbon flower corsages, pleated ribbon bracelets and chokers made using old-fashioned methods. Wire also features heavily in projects such as the impressive twisted wire neckpieces, charm and dangle earrings and simple cotton cord lariats.
With projects to suit different abilities, Making Vintage Jewellery offers a host of ideas for combining small pieces of antique and vintage textiles, beads and buttons with modern findings to create impressive contemporary jewellery with a nod to the past.
Materials needed for each item are clearly outlined in the book.
All orders must be paid for using Paypal, or personal cheques and money orders in the UK. Please pay at time of purchase. Contact us if you experience a problem with payment. If there is no payment or contact within 3 days of purchase, your order will be cancelled and the item re-listed.
Refunds and exchanges:
Sorry, there can be no refunds on this book because it contains patterns for all of the accessories.
Please note that this listing is for a book which will be posted to you at the address provided by Etsy unless otherwise stated. It is quite heavy and therefore expensive to post overseas, hence the shipping costs. Note that I have kept the shipping fees well below what they actually cost, and overall, the total price of the book and shipping is generally less that it would be if ordered via Amazon.
After I receive payment, your book will be posted within 48hrs. All books are sent via first-class mail from the UK. Insurance and/or alternative shipping methods are available on request but at extra cost.
Note: If you want the book to be signed or if you would like a message to be written inside, please put the wording you would like in the book in the note to seller box at checkout.
All orders must be paid for using Paypal or credit card. Please pay at time of purchase. Contact us if you experience a problem with payment. If there is no payment or contact within 3 days of purchase, your order will be cancelled and the item re-listed.
PayPal is the best way to pay because it allows you to pay with a credit card without signing up for an account.
We also now accept direct credit card payments.
All printed paper patterns, fabrics, buttons and kits will be sent out by first class mail, usually within 48 hours of receiving your order. Overseas orders are sent by first class international air mail. If you want special posting options or insurance, please convo us for details and prices.
PDF patterns are either available by instant download or are emailed to the email address in your etsy profile. If you would like it sent to another address please specify the email address in the "message to seller" box at checkout. PDF patterns are emailed within 48-hours of your completed payment.
Refunds and exchanges:
There are no refunds on PDF patterns, paper patterns and kits because of the nature of the products. Please choose carefully.
Important Copyright Information:
Although all of my patterns and books are covered by the copyright and patents act, I realise that several of my customers would like to be able to make a few items from my patterns to sell, so I have decided to allow it again, as long as they stick to the following rules:
* Make no more than 10 bags in a year to sell from any one Charlie’s Aunt pattern, and up to a MAXIMUM of 40 bags in total from a combination of any of my patterns in a year. Please don’t make any more than this – I have more than 20 different sewing patterns and it simply wouldn't be fair to buy 15 and make 10 of each, because you would be adopting my entire concept that way. If you intend to make any more than 40 in a year, this would be deemed a big business and would be totally against the rules. Please respect this!
* Write on each swing ticket and in all Etsy/online descriptions the following words: “This bag was made using a Charlie’s Aunt sewing pattern designed by Emma Brennan”. A link to my Etsy shop would also be greatly appreciated. Please don’t put your own designer labels in my designs – that isn’t fair!
* Please have the courtesy to drop me a line to ask if you can make the bags to sell. This way I can keep track of who’s doing what and I can hopefully persuade you to share photos of the bags you make on the Charlie’s Aunt Facebook site.
* All items for sale must be handmade by you. Contracting with others to mass produce Charlie’s Aunt designs is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
* Distribution of the pattern pieces and corresponding instructions is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Please do not copy my patterns in any way. The words, diagrams and pictures are covered by copyright and I will pursue anyone who infringes this.
* Finally, please be respectful my designs and policies. Being allowed to make a limited number of bags from my patterns to sell is a privilege and not a right.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
The PDF patterns contain instructions, illustrations, photographs and pattern templates for one style of bag, purse or fashion accessory. The templates are full size and can be printed on A4 paper, but some templates need to be joined together with tape because they are too big to fit on one page. All patterns contain detailed instructions on how to cut and join pattern templates.